Here at Candlewhacks, we are constantly looking at ways that we can become more sustainable and friendly to our environment. Internally, we frequently review our packaging requirements, production equipment and end product to ensure the most recyclable and sustainable methods are used. In an aim to push this further, we thought we'd share tips that you can do at home!
One of our most popular products are our wax melts that are highly scented and vibrantly coloured for the most unique experience. Here at CW, we reuse our wax melts by turning them into candles! By doing this, we simultaneously increase the length of the product use whilst reducing wax wastage that in most cases ends up in the bin! Want to try it yourself? Follow our tips below:
What you'll need:
- 1 Empty, clean candle approved glass/tin container (You can contact us to add this to your order for a small fee, or use one of your current containers from us ensuring it is fully cleaned!)
- Candle wicks (these can be bought from many craft store and markets or online) We strongly recommend using a vegan cotton wick as it provides the best burn and is more friendly to the environment. (We can provide these for a small fee)
- A selection of our wax melts!
What we do:
1. Here we have already glued down our wick and started pouring used wax from our burner directly into the jar. For a fun look, melt different colours so you create a layered colour candle!
2. Once your wax has melted and is no longer producing scent, carefully pour the wax into the container. Make sure to use gloves and a funnel to protect from spillage and burns. We allowed our burner to cool off before handling!
3. Let the candle set for 24 hours and its ready to be enjoyed! Yes, it's really that simple! In some cases, scent will be reproduced due to the different burning method of the wax!